Thursday, June 2, 2011

Anonymous Story #2

I was raised Right-wing Christian and am now a atheist and a liberal. My parents were abusive but somehow because of the time and of their religion they were able to justify their abuse. Our household was a corporal punishment household. My father had a paddle made for spankings. It was kind of like something you would see at a frat house. It looked like a small cutting board, about 3/4 inch thick 3 inches wide and 6 inches long with a handle all cut from a single piece of wood.
I have confronted my parents of their abuse and we have a decent relationship, but I still resent the physical and emotional abuse my two younger siblings and I went through. My sister is recluse and was, I believe, emotionally stunted from my parent's abuse. She barely functions as a useful member of society. I was far more resilient. And fortunately my younger brother (my parents only biological child) came as a surprise later in their lives and they did not have the energy or the will to abuse him as much.
It's a dysfunctional family. I see my parents maybe twice a year. I've never left my children with them unsupervised, myself or my wife have always been there. Sad that we can't trust them as Grandparents to not mess up our children.
All they do is read their bible and watch FOX news. Their world keeps getting more and more paranoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment